AUTHOR: The Hive | Climate Change Commission
The Hive’s report of young people’s insights in relation to the Climate Change Commission’s consultation on their draft advice to Government.
Key insights included:
- 73% of our audience would rather NZ invest in wind + solar than hydro energy.
- 61% said they have a compost bin at home.
- 95% of respondents said they liked op-shopping for their clothes as an alternative to buying new.
- Regenerative farming was a recurring idea from young people when asked for their ideas on possible solutions to agricultural emissions.
- 88% would prefer an upgrade in public transport than to own their own vehicle.
- Confidence on the road and a lack of infrastructure were often referenced as a major reason why our audience wasn’t cycling.
- Public transport connections to the suburbs and regions were also mentioned as frustrations.