AUTHOR: Te Ahi o Ngā Rangatahi | Wellington Boys and Girls Institute
2020 youth-led research. Features feedback from 1243 young people (aged 12-24) about what can be done to improve mental wellbeing.
The Report's findings reinforce the need to involve a diverse range of young people in decision-making. Findings also include the need to:
- improve access to health services
- increase the number of events and programmes for young people
- increase the number of spaces young people can safely hang out in
- increase awareness of mental health services and reduce stigma
- increase mental health support in schools and education facilities